About Me

My photo
Blogging about gardening in zone 4, marriage, our golden retriever and life in general.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Pamphlet Fonts

We’re closing in on the Save the Date pamphlet design. Like we’re pretty close. There is at least one version of a layout that we both like, and frankly, I’m not sure that I care enough to do multiple designs. I’ve been designing them in PowerPoint, and then “saving as” a jpeg to print. It’s not a super sophisticated method, but hey, it works.

One of the things I played around with tonight was fonts. I’d heard about dafont.com, a website that lets you download fonts for free. Dudes, it was fun to look through. They have so much stuff- I’ll definitely be a repeat (non-paying) customer!

For fonts we wanted something that was a bit vintage. Like a 1940’s or early 50’s vintage. Or National Park Service vintage. The first font set I came across and downloaded was Betty Noir for the headers, Dymaxian Script for our names, and Kelmscott Roman for the information boxes, where we need the text to be super legible. Here’s the front of the current mock up:



After fooling around with those two, I tried to find another font set to try. I’m not totally done with option two for fonts, but I did find a NPS 1935 text, which the Park Service started using before WWII! Check it out:




I might play around with other typewriter fonts for the text boxes tomorrow.

Overall, what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I think this is an awesome idea & that you're doing an incredible job!!! I really like the first font better though... it compliments your name font better. Does that make sense??

    ReplyDelete