About Me

My photo
Blogging about gardening in zone 4, marriage, our golden retriever and life in general.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Holy busy Batman!

Hey! I haven't posted in a week; sorry for being MIA! Actually, I was in Utah hiking last week (faked you out with the auto-posts, huh?). It was a great trip, and I'll post more about it shortly. In the meantime, I've got a staff report due today on a project that got increasingly complicated as I went through the staff report. Add that to 8 pissed off neighbors, and I've got myself a shitstorm here folks! Here's what's going on in my world:
  • Farming: EFF. We're under a winter storm warning tonight. It snowed yesterday. And the day before that. My crocus blooms are dissapearing (gophers?), the tulips look warped, the hyacinths struggling, and the daffodils trying to pop. Kinda. The sugar snap peas I transplanted are holding up (but not growing), and none of the sweet peas I planted outside have sprouted. The onion sets are holding up too. We'll see. My inside starts are doing okay.
  • Wedding: DOUBLE EFF!!! Holy shitballs EFF. I've got to get my arse in gear on that. It's like 8 weeks away! Specifically, we need to figure out flowers, food, and wedding bands this week.
  • AOII: Graduation is on Sunday, so they chapter I advise for is going through the end of the year crazies and getting ready to move out of the house. This ='s more work for me!
  • Puppy: Survived a week at Ava's while we hiked it out in Utah. She's still getting used to being at home, and with the weird weather yesterday ended up peeing inside three times. Damn. But I wouldn't really want to sink my little butt down in the frozen snow either...
In the meantime-- here's a Bob and Joyce wedding photo, of her boquet. My friend Joslyn, who is also our flower arranger, tells me that stephanosis (the little bell flowers shooting out of the boquet) are super expensive to include, as they have to be broken from the stem and then staked and wired into a boquet. And is that a tulip? Where did they get tulips in October? I think my grandmother still has that watch, and I've never seen Gramps wear his wedding band. My mom told me it broke into two pieces sometime in the 60's. I'll have to ask her what color her nail polish was!

No comments:

Post a Comment