About Me

My photo
Blogging about gardening in zone 4, marriage, our golden retriever and life in general.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Farming May 21







* I'm blogging this a week late and post dating it since I didn't have time to last week!

Lets talk first about what is going well....

Hyacinths.

Tulips

Daffodils.

The starts that I've got going are doing okay. It's still too cold to put them outdoors at night, with temperatures still hitting the high 20's at night. Sucky. They're taking up a lot of space, and daily effort moving them in and out. I've already got blooms on my summer and winter squash, pumpkin and zucchini.


I'm curious about how the sweet corn transfers go. They're doing okay, but they've got to make it one more transfer into the ground next weekend.

I've got sweet peas working on vining up a trellis in a few pots on the front porch. They're doing okay, but aren't really going up very quickly.

Now lets talk about what's not going well. Specifically: the god damned GOPHERS!!!

Here is what the garden area looks like from our bedroom window. You'll note the open field to the north. It's filled with flea-infested, gross, obnoxious GOPHERS!!!


The little effers seem to enjoy the sugar snap peas I planted.
Also a fail? The basil, the chives, the carrots, the cilantro, and the leeks that I planted. Nothing is coming up. Seriously, frustrated with the farming effort this year.

How can I keep the gophers out?

No comments:

Post a Comment