About Me

My photo
Blogging about gardening in zone 4, marriage, our golden retriever and life in general.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

New best friends


We took Harlow to the lake with us last weekend. She traveled in her kennel in the back of Dusty's pickup, and met my dad for the first time.

I'd warned Dusty all spring that my dad doesn't like dogs. They get in the way. He trips over them, especially if they're in the kitchen. They shed. They have accidents. They bark. They bite. etc.

You can see where I'm going with this. My dad and our dog are now best friends. Well, maybe not besties, but for sure like each other. Lots of frolicking, licking, and falling asleep on his feet. Dad called yesterday to say "she passed." Which for him, is high doggie praise. Sadly, I don't have a picture of them fawning over each other.



(Seriously, how gorgeous is my sister?)
I do, however, have pictures of her exploring the dock, running with Gretchen and totally breaking the no dogs on the furniature rule:

No comments:

Post a Comment