About Me

My photo
Blogging about gardening in zone 4, marriage, our golden retriever and life in general.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dance it out

DJ's not really a dancer. Check that; he's a dancer, but it's usually a goofy song to the dog, or about bowel movements. You know it's true DJ!

Although we are not having a "traditional" wedding, I did want to do first dances. We're in the process of still figuring out what songs to go with, but I wanted to share some of our ideas:

First Dance as a Married Couple (which, ahem, would imply that we dance as an un-married couple, because we don't): Van Morrison, Days Like This. I like that it's upbeat. I like that we can actually move to it; not just do the 7th grade sway.


Father/ Daughter Dance: Loudon Wainwright III, Daughter. The lyrics are great for my relationship with my dad, and I'm a swimmer. Same thing, a little more upbeat, albeit with a funky interchange (is that what it's called?) in the middle.

Mother/ Son Dance: DJ's still working on what to dance to with his mom, although the Beatles In My Life seems to be a leading contender.

Do me a favor, listen to the songs, and tell me what you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment