About Me

My photo
Blogging about gardening in zone 4, marriage, our golden retriever and life in general.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Days like this

I'm not sure if I ever posted about it, but we ended up dancing to Van Morrison's "Days Like This" at our wedding. It's always been a song that can make me smile, and seemed to fit the laid back attitude we wanted our wedding to have.

I came home last night fired up about work issues, and could feel another one of those nights coming on. I'm still struggling with things at work, frustrated by inability to get stuff done because one issue after another keeps popping up. And then when those issues arise, I can't seem to handle them in an efficient and effective manner that doesn't end up in 45 minute Very Serious conversations with my boss.

It's frustrating.

DJ could sens that I was just going to be pissed about a lot of things last night when I got home. He let me vent without telling me how to handle it. He gave me some space to cool of. He went for a walk in the 8 degrees temperatures with me. And by the time we went to bed I was giggling and laughing. And I slept through the night.

And this morning, I'm reminded that there will be days like this.

1 comment:

  1. Courtney,

    I love reading your blog because I feel like I can relate to most of your posts. You don't need to post this comment, but I just wanted to tell you that you do a good job keeping your head up during crazy times.

    ReplyDelete