About Me

My photo
Blogging about gardening in zone 4, marriage, our golden retriever and life in general.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Progress

I made an off hand comment to DJ last night which, upon reflection, made me realize something pretty amazing: three years ago at this time we hadn't even kissed yet.

I am a a list-maker, a forward-thinker, and always have an idea of the next project or steps I want to take. But sometimes I forget to recognize what I or we have accomplished. And realizing that three years ago we weren't even an item puts things into perspective.

Especially since I spent Monday afternoon working on a budget spreadsheet for the next three years.

Since January 1, 2008, I or we have made it through 13 pretty major events or milestones:

  1. Begun dating (January 1, 2008)
  2. Moved in together (August 2008)
  3. Started talking about getting married (fall 2008)
  4. Picked out an engagement ring (March 2009)
  5. Put DJ's condo on the market (June 2009)
  6. Sold DJ's condo (August 2009)
  7. Started building our house (August 2009)
  8. Got engaged (August 2009)
  9. Moved from the condo to a temporary apartment (September 2009)
  10. Moved from the apartment to the house (October 2009)
  11. I harassed DJ into getting a dog decided to get a dog (March 2010)
  12. Went hiking in Utah (April 2010)
  13. Got married (July 2010)
Really, that's a lot of things. A lot of changes. A lot of progress. 

Three years ago I'd moved back home after grad school. Now... well, there are  a LOT of things I want to do. A LOT that has to be budgeted for, saved for and picked out and done and traveled to and oh my, where is my list!?

But. But we've also gotten a lot done in three years. I need to be cognizant of the changes, for the better, that we've made, and have faith that things like buying paying off our wedding, buying new bedroom furniture, planning and traveling to Europe, and all those other things will happen. It just takes time.

Because, you know, I have patience. (right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment