About Me

My photo
Blogging about gardening in zone 4, marriage, our golden retriever and life in general.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

In sickness

DJ and I have a deep aversion to the "OMG I have the best hubby in the world" posts on Facebook. It's just too much for us. But damn, if any guy ever earned one of those over-share mush posts, it'd be DJ.

Friday night I was in a MOOD. I mean, angry, pissed off, unapproachable and just wound tight MOOD. I couldn't figure out why. A run with the dog didn't help. DJ wisely gave me a wide berth while I cleaned the bathroom and went to bed.

I woke up Saturday with the cold from hell. Or the Influenza of 1918. Maybe Bird Flu. Or H1N1. Whatever this shit is, it's effectively kicked my ass through today. There were hot flashes and cold sweats. Death-rattle coughing. Feverish. Snotty. Exhaustion. Basically the worst parts of the Bible.

Okay, I know I'm exaggerating here, but seriously, it's been awful. I finally went to the doctor yesterday for antibiotics, prescription strength cough syrup and a decongestant. I also picked up a Neti pot for nasal irrigation. Dudes; call me a hippie, but I'm hooked. That shit works to clear out congestion. It's awesome.

In the mean time, I've been sleeping on the couch, attended by my faithful dog, who also likes naps, as long as duckie is within reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment