Herbs for 2011 are:
- Garlic: which I planted last fall in the garden. We go through a clove of garlic per week. I'll use it in pasta sauces, with potatoes, with eggs, with steak. With about everything!
- Basil: for use in making bruschetta, and other Italian-like dishes.
- Mint: let me be honest. I'll use mint to make mojitos.
- Chives: I transfered 2010's chive patch into the driveway flower bed. Hopefully it comes back, and makes delicious contributions to salads, dinners etc.
- Oregano: for making pasta sauce
- Cilantro: for topping anything with a Mexican flavor, and for adding to salsa.
Yep, that's it. Fairly straightforward. We have a food dehydrator, but my main goal this year is to have enough herbs to cook with.