About Me

My photo
Blogging about gardening in zone 4, marriage, our golden retriever and life in general.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Setting Up House: The Office, Part III

After our massive Christmas Roadtrip, DJ and I have spent the past two months pretty much hibernating at home. Nesting. Settling in. Decorating; kinda.
I've mentioned that the office was a priority, and you’ve seen the chair I recovered. Let me show you another fun project I worked on for “Little Courtee’s Workshop” this spring:

I have this little white dresser. It traveled with me to Lexington; fitting neatly in the trunk of my car.

Oh my little Lexington apartment. More expensive than I could afford, but worth every penny to live by myself for two yars.  

And although it’s not a super nice piece of furniture, it’s still something I have. And something I have is usually cheaper than something I have to buy.

 Dinged a little, missing a little facing, and in need of fresh paint.

We also had a need for storage of random stuff. Let’s put it this way; I had a four drawer dresser, and who doesn’t need four junk drawers?

Four junk drawers. Don't tell me you're not jealous.

So I repainted it. A Columbia Paint color that matches the chair.

 Oh my... color?

Have I ever mentioned that I suck at picking paint colors. I tend to stick with neutrals in order to not make a mistake. But I went bold; and I like it.
Coat one. At this point I was freaking out. Is it too dark?

Should I leave it cottage chic, with only one layer of paint?

Nope, I'm a all or nothing girl.

The dresser is now in the office, with fabric storage in the bottom drawer, measuring tape and nails in the third drawer, gardening seeds in cold storage in the second drawer, and DJ’s guitar stuff in the top drawer. My grandma would be jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment