About Me

My photo
Blogging about gardening in zone 4, marriage, our golden retriever and life in general.

Monday, August 17, 2009

House buildings, weddings, Autumn.

I can’t even begin to describe the craziness that has been life lately!

We sold the condo a week ago (only a week?) and have since offered, and been twice counter offered on building a house. We are going to build a house about four blocks north of us, in the same neighborhood and abutting a school soccer field, so we’ll have awesome views forever. I’m really excited to get the ball rolling on it!

We have to move quickly, since I’m eligible for the $8,000 tax credit as a first time homebuyer. We need to close on or before December 1; which leaves us three and a half months to build. There are a lot of decisions that will have to be made, and made quickly! We spent some time this weekend checking out kitchen and bath magazines at Barnes and Noble, and appliances at local shops. Hopefully tomorrow we’ll finalize our offer and get the ball rolling with a building permit application!

To add to the craziness, I was a bridesmaid in a dear friend from high school’s wedding on Friday. Katie and Brad tied the knot at the Rockin’ TJ Ranch, west of Bozeman on Huffine Lane. I was so engrossed with everything that I totally failed to take photos. I suck. Sorry. It was a beautiful wedding, despite the rain through the entire outdoor ceremony. Memorable for sure!
And work… ohmygodyouguys Work is KILLING Me. So overwhelmed. Such detailed, complicated projects. Such needy applicants. Hopefully I got one crossed off the list tonight, but I think its going to be a 60 hour work week. I had a little break down to DJ on Saturday night about how stressed out about it I am.

So with that said, I have to go work on a Staff Report! I know! A post about a really busy week, with lots of big news and no photos. Again, I suck. But I promise to keep you updated!!!

PS: It’s fall here. No, really. Like a low of 37 last night. Suck. Its also 8:51pm as I post this and DARK out. Suck again.
PPS: I’ll have a garage parking space by December 1! No more scraping snow!
PPPS: We ate a tomato from the farm last night. SOOOO YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment