About Me

My photo
Blogging about gardening in zone 4, marriage, our golden retriever and life in general.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Not a Lake Recap

Grarhgh!

Hi! I’m back! How was your third week of July? Mine was awesome.

I spent about a half an hour today trying to compose a blog post in which I adequately conveyed to you how much I love being in Harrison, Idaho and overlooking Lake Coeur d’Alene. Since I am mysteriously without the cord that connects my camera to my computer, I tried to elegantly… wait, no, adequately… well, um, just kinda express my connection to that place. I failed, miserably.

I mean, I took up blogging in order to try to hone my writing skills. Instead, I feel like most posts are more like a mental stream of consciousness recapping things I’ve done. While such posts are good for informing my friends and family what DJ and I are up to, and will definitely continue to be a regular item on this site, my foiled attempts to clearly communicate how much I love being at the lake highlight the lack of well, thoughtful posts. You know, I was all “I did this” and then “we did that” and then later noted that “it was awesome!” (I do love me some exclamation points). Uhh yeah, clearly that communicates how much I love that town.

I’m finding that writing well takes time for me. I have to read through it, check grammar, check syntax, check that I don’t sound retarded (I hope that I didn’t offend anyone with the retarded comment. It’s just that sometimes, despite all the words in the English language, there is no other way to say it. I like special needs people! See also: cannot seem to write eloquently. Gah!). I mean, if you’re going to take time out of your day to click over here, you at least deserve something interesting to read. Or, if I don’t have photos, well I suck.

But I guess that’s the heart of it. Writing well takes time. I don’t want to put anything out here on the internet that might someday come back to bite me in the ass, yet at the same time this whole blog this is a kind of active journal. So sometimes I might talk about things that make me squirm. Sometimes I need to talk about them to make me STOP squirming.

Whew. I’m glad we got that cleared up. I think I’ll keep that other post for once I have photos to go along with it. In the meantime, wanna know what’s on my mind?

Holy mother of god do I have a lot going on at work. The kind where you have to run to Joe’s parkway for candy. The kind where you have to go to the gym in the morning or else not make it into the gym at all.

Also: Busy! Alli visits this weekend. Gretchen visits this weekend. DJ’s mom visits the weekend after that. The weekend after that is Katie’s wedding, and bachelorette dinner at our house. The weekend after that Sarah from Cheney is visiting. The weekend after that I might not get out of bed, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment