About Me

My photo
Blogging about gardening in zone 4, marriage, our golden retriever and life in general.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

On to 2012

Hey, look at that, a new year!

 We had a nice Christmas. It was a road trip year. First to Harrison for a night to break up the drive, then on to Castle Rock for Christmas, then late in the week back to Harrison for New Years. It was nice to get to spend time with all of our family members. They're good people. Harlow was spoiled beyond belief, both in gifts and love. She cuddled on the couch with anyone who would let her, ran around the woods, went for runs at the lake, played fetch with the new duckie, and was exhausted when we arrived home. I felt her pain, in a good way.

Before getting into how I want to be successful for 2012, let's rehash my 2011 goals:

  1. Organize the business end of life. I'm declaring this partially done. We've got a decent system for organizing our paperwork. I'm hoping to work on improving our retirement savings for 2012. 
  2. Prepare for Europe. Success!
  3. Pay of the wedding/ credit card. Success! Of course, a week later we started making charges for Europe 
  4. Improve my gardening skills. Success! I'd say that gardening 2011 was way more successful than 2010. I didn't can my own salsa, but I made a lot of fresh batches. I also have a couple of meals with home-grown veggies stocked away in the freezer. This week we're eating a veggie-heavy lasagna from the garden. Made in August, frozen, then cooked on Tuesday night. Spaghetti squash and zucchini, mmm!
  5. Evolve my job into what I want it to be. Dude... I think I'm declaring success on this. Well, I will be a week from tomorrow when I start teaching my first class as an adjunct!
  6. Be a better dog owner. Ummm... well, I think we're better on the dog front, but more likely because she's matured than because of anything we did. She'll be two years old at the end of January, and, well, she's awesome. 
  7. Blog steadily. Again, I fell off the wagon at some points. I'd like to make sure I blog at least twice a week, but with so much going on in my life it's just not a huge priority. 
  8. Ride my bike to work in the summer. Um, fail. I rode a few times in the spring, but in the end, it's just  not a huge deal for me. 
  9. Continue to feather our nest. Success! New bed, bed frame, paint in the office, paint in the guest room and a guest room remodel. Yeah. It's not done, but it's better. 
  10. Sew. OMG, dudes, I went on a sewing bender in October. A blanket for Gretchen's boyfriend for Christmas, new duvet covers and shams for the lake, sheer curtains in the donwstairs area. Yeah. I sewed, a lot. 
  11. Expand my exercise horizons. FAIL. I've stuck to what I know. Running, biking, gym cardio machines. I could evolve this a bit in 2012. Or, just focus on getting ANY stretching in. 
Alright, I'll set 2012 goals tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment