About Me

My photo
Blogging about gardening in zone 4, marriage, our golden retriever and life in general.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Alive

We are alive over here. All is well, I just fell off of the blogging bandwagon for a bit.

In the near month since we've been back, we've been busy each weekend. First it was just getting settled back into the Bozeman routine. Then it was Homecoming weekend in Bozeman, with friends and tailgating and football and a wedding reception in Helena. Last weekend we sprinted down to Pocatello to see one of dad's games at ISU. It's a quick four hour drive if the weather is nice, which is probably is only three months of the entire year. There was snow on the ground on each side, but not on the road.

This weekend was another home MSU game, friends staying with us, dinner in Livingston with friends. Friends who make me laugh, whose husbands make me laugh, and all of whom I admire. I am lucky, very lucky in the friends department.

In between all of that, I've sewn a duvet cover for a bed at the lake (shams, bedskirt, second set for other bed to follow), a cushion slipcover for the chair at the lake, processed probably 20lbs of tomatoes (all in the freezer), harvested crookneck squash, zucchini squash, spaghetti squash, made squash lasagna, done the usual vacuuming, dog running, etc.

It's been busy, for sure. But we've been lucky to have a nice fall. It hasn't frozen yet (probably Monday night). It's been sunny. It hasn't snowed. I've been able to wear sandals. I'm mentally bracing for the crappy weather that's sure to come our way.

But for now, I'll go walk the doggie in flip flops (and a sweater).

No comments:

Post a Comment